Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Still having DVI/HDCP troubles
March 22, 2006, 6:27 pm
rate this thread
For those that don't remember my previous troubles, I'm running an
Infocus 4805 pj and trying to feed it with HD from a Motorola cable box
(DCT-6200) using a DVI to M1 cable. I had been getting an HDCP error
but fixed it with a firmware upgrade to the pj. It's worked perfectly
for over a month now but last week it started again. The video will
come on then go to a black screen after 2 or 3 seconds.
While talking to the Infocus support guy this morning, he asked if I
was with Comcast or Eastlink as a provider. I am with Eastlink and
according to him it's who they've had the most trouble with. I got on
the phone with Eastlink support for the fifth time this week and
finally got a tech willing to figure this out. First thing he
straightend out for me was the fact that Eastlink purchases their feed
from Comcast... makes sense. He completly wiped the cable box and
reflashed the programing. None of this helped. He spent almost half an
hour trying to solve this but came up with nothing. He says he's going
to continue this until he gets an answer.. cripes, I hope he does!. He
was going to get in touch with Motorola directly along with his
supervisor to try and figure this out.
Hopefully this is the start to new version of firmware or something to
I just want digital hdtv!!!
Thanx for listening to my rant! :-)
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » The FCC has received thousands of complaints about carriers' Coronavirus pledge [...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum