speaker recomendations, athena?

I've posted before about going with an onkyo HTIB setup, I decided to go a component route, I just bought a Denon AVR-686 receiver, I'm looking for speakers to go with it. I've been looking at the Athena Micra system (5.1) but want to do a 7.1, anyone know where to get the micra system cheap? (best I've seen is bestbuy for 283.99, but they are on backorder) can someone recommend something in that price range? or should I just wait for those? like I said, I'll be adding 2 speakers to this, was thinking of getting 2 front speakers (possibly athena B1's or B2's) and using the included speakers in the Micra system for the side and rear surround. is there somethign else around the price of the B1 that you would recommend instead? I'm looking for speakers this small ebcuase I already have 4 speakers in teh wall (OLD bose speakers that are blown, they measure about 3 feet wide and 2 feet tall) so I'm going to take off the grills, and cut a hole in these speakers and place the new ones inside, then put the grills back on so it will still look neat) thanks in advance

-Nick

Reply to
Nick Vital
Loading thread data ...

ok, I ordered a Dayton 10" sub, so I just need to get the speakers (decided on the athena Point 5 system) anyone know where I can get these cheap? I checked my local best buy and they don't have ANY athenas at all.

Reply to
Dr Nick

I just bought a Polk Audio system from Crutchfield

formatting link
and am VERY happy with them. I bought the basic RM6005 5.1 speaker system with the PSW10 sub package for $299 - no tax and free shipping. I'd recommend looking there. I have a $20 discount "recommend" code number for you to use if you buy anything from them, plus I get $20 off my next order as well.

Good luck,

- Tom C.

Reply to
Tom C.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.