Sony WEGA 42 - Border with PC Input

Does anyone out there use a Sony Grand WEGA 42 LCD Projection screen with a PC feeding into the VGA (15 pin) input ?

I'm using a Sapphire X1600Pro AGP card, which seems to detect the screen properly, and show all of the modes it supports. And it shows a beautiful image. The only problem is that it leaves a 1" ring around the entire picture,

Has anyone come across this? I can't figure it out. I've tried every output resolution and I get the same ring.

Thanks,

Josh

Reply to
Josh Kalish
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried changing the refresh rate?

Reply to
Bill Anderson

The card detects and sets 60hz without allowing another option, which the Sony manual says is the correct setting. It's a pretty smart video card, it even comes up telling me the name of TV (Sony WEGA) in the ATI config screen.

Reply to
Josh Kalish

I don't know what the Sony does but the Samsung has some aspect/zoom settings. In SD you can pillarbox, stretch, etc. In PC or DVI there are

2 choices Wide (TV) or Wide (PC). Wide PC 'underscans' and leaves the ring around the border. This is needed when actually running applications so you can get to the edge buttons. Check the possible 'zoom' or 'aspect' choices on the Sony.

GG

Reply to
G-squared

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.