Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Sony WEGA 42 - Border with PC Input
- Josh Kalish
February 21, 2006, 3:58 am
rate this thread
Does anyone out there use a Sony Grand WEGA 42 LCD Projection screen
with a PC feeding into the VGA (15 pin) input ?
I'm using a Sapphire X1600Pro AGP card, which seems to detect the screen
properly, and show all of the modes it supports. And it shows a
beautiful image. The only problem is that it leaves a 1" ring around
the entire picture,
Has anyone come across this? I can't figure it out. I've tried every
output resolution and I get the same ring.
Re: Sony WEGA 42 - Border with PC Input
Josh Kalish wrote:
I don't know what the Sony does but the Samsung has some aspect/zoom
settings. In SD you can pillarbox, stretch, etc. In PC or DVI there are
2 choices Wide (TV) or Wide (PC). Wide PC 'underscans' and leaves the
ring around the border. This is needed when actually running
applications so you can get to the edge buttons. Check the possible
'zoom' or 'aspect' choices on the Sony.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum