Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- SF Film Society
June 12, 2007, 6:49 pm
rate this thread
SF360 FILM+CLUB: MACBETH
SF360 Film+Club returns to Mezzanine on Tuesday, June 19, showcasing a
new take on MACBETH directed by Geoffrey Wright. The film, which
played at the Toronto International Film Festival, is violent and sexy
with a kick-ass soundtrack, and re-imagines Shakespeare's classic in
the underworld of present-day Melbourne. As one astute Australian
journalist noted, the film is "brash, bawdy, bombastic and dripping
with black blood."
Doors will open at 7 pm, film starts at 7:30 pm. Tickets are available
at the door for $8, but you can email email@example.com for $5 tickets.
In Wright's film, Macbeth, a loyal henchman to his crime boss, Duncan,
is told by teenage witches that he will one day assume great power.
Driven by their prophecy, he plots with his wife to kill Duncan, and
takes the leadership of the gang for himself. Maintaining his power
will require more murders and violence, finally driving his surviving
enemies to unite and destroy him.
SF360 Film+Club is presented by the San Francisco Film Society,
Mezzanine and Rehab. This event is sponsored by SFWeekly. Past events
have featured INFAMY, TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET SING A-LONG, NEXT: A
Primer on Urban Painting, Wholphin and COLMA: The Musical.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » Frontier, CenturyLink, Windstream see broadband wireless as a gap filler for CAF-II ob...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum