Question regarding Monster cables...

Most home theatre enthusiasts will tell you that Monster cable is overpriced for the quality it gives. It's roughly at the same level as most companies, but sales people at various stores are pressured to sell them over others, and pressured to tell you that Monster is far and away the best product out there. Monster also enters into deals with stores so that they carry mainly Monster products, and so people can't even compare different brands. Next time you're at a store, ask if you can demo Monster cables and equivalent cables from another brand, just so you can see the difference. I can almost guarantee you they won't let you.

At any rate, whether component, S-video or HDMI, most of these companies have very similar-quality products. Just make sure the video cable has a nominal impedence of 75 Ohms and you should be fine with whatever you choose. I've got Acoustic Research component video cables for the DVD player going to my TV, and the video quality is superb.

Good luck!

cheers, vij

Reply to
vij
Loading thread data ...

I agree with vij...Monster is overpriced, period.

I also use the AR cables and am very pleased. (BB has both: Monster 8'

RCA = $40, AR 12' RCA = $19)

Sure some folks like esoteric cables and there are whole forums devoted

to only that. But these are the 1% that the other 99% of us can ignore.

Reply to
yustr

Is it REALLLLLY worth getting Monster brand cables vs. other high-end cables that The Source may sell (Acoustic Research, NexxTech, etc). Huge price difference. I was thinking that for analog cables such as component and s-video you may see some difference....but for a pure digital cable such as an HDMI one - is there any worthy difference to justify the cost?

Reply to
jeff

I'm an AR guy myself. For the price, you can't beat 'em. They are contructed solidly, give great performance and as you noted, they are significantly cheaper than Monster.

Reply to
Patrick L. Parks

Waste of money, period.

Reply to
David Henrie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.