Projectors - Help!!!

I need as much input as possible. I'm shopping for projectors and don't have a clue what to look for. Decent Brand, Price Range etc..... Thanks

Reply to
Bellsouth Newsgroup
Loading thread data ...

Mitsubishi HC 3000........hands down!!!!!

Reply to
Johhnyboy

Projectorcentral.com Do some reading. I have an Infocus 4805 and love it. There's a great thread about it, two in fact, at avsforum.com . Think I'll head down and fire up some Lord of the Rings on mine this afternoon. Too cold out to do anything else! :-)

Reply to
Fyrman

"Bellsouth Newsgroup" wrote in news:8vOLf.39610$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

Generally the Panasonic LCD units have gotten the best reviews as far as picture/price value. They are native widescreen and take HDTV signals beautifully.

They just introduced a new model so you might be able to find a good deal on the previous model (AE700U) on eBay or something.

Reply to
Fred Dehl

Still too soon to buy one. Should be several true 1080P projectors coming this fall. I've been waiting 6 years now so I understand your desire. Panasonic 1080P lcd should be a winner when it hits. If someone does a 1080P Lcos that may beat it. The current dlps are only half the pixel count so don't fall for the lies. I'm tired of waiting too. Leaky

Reply to
leaky

In the $2,000 price range, there are several new high definition models that seem to offer substantially improved performance and are highly recommended by several reviewers. These include the Panasonic A900, the Sanyo Z4 (which I have), and the Epson (model 550?). These are three-chip LDC units capable of 720p high fidelity (but not 1080p or

1080i, which will cost you upwards of $10,000). Regarding the costs, you should understand that the lamps used in these units may burn out in the first, second, or third year (no guarantee), and that replacements cost around $350. In the future, look for three-chip 1080p DLP units, maybe with LED lamps that don't burn out so often, although it may be a long time before they are available at popular prices.

But perhaps you were planning to spend $20K or more? If so, you have several choices. Personally, I'm still impressed with our Sanyo Z4, particularly with HD wide-screen program material received through a Dish satellite receiver from local stations, using an outside antenna.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Cate

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.