projector question

Is the main selling point of projectors the increased screen size? Is it possible to use a projector where a 32" TV would work, given the room size?

Also, do projectors with a 16:9 aspect ratio show TV signals in that ratio or in the regular TV format?

regards

Reply to
Nadeem
Loading thread data ...

That's one of them.

What size screen do you want? What size is the room? You can usually download a projector manual and in the installation chapter it will explain the formula for what size projected image you can expect given a particular distance from projector to screen.

Usually both the projector and the source device (cable box, DVD player) have settings to make sure that the projected image matches the source (i.e. a 16:9 movie displays in 16:9, a 4:3 TV show displays in 4:3).

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

I would say, large size for less money is the main selling point.

My Sanyo z4 does a great job of displaying standard TV at the 16:9 size. It has options for how to handle the display.

I've had it a year and other than the new bulb I have to buy its great!

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.