Projector Lift

I am planning to build a projector lift and need to fit it into a fairly narrow ceiling space. The commercial model that appeals to me most is the Chief Smart-Lift 236 but I need to get a bit more information about how their lifting arms are kept in sinc (geared?) and particularly how the bracket system works so far as the raising and lowing goes. Is this by way of a system of wire or straps through some sort of pulley arrangement or is there a lever system operated by a linear actuator? If anyone can provide me with a few clues then I may be able to develop a modified system to work in my house. They need 11 inches of ceiling space (minimum) and I have 8

1/2 to 9 inches at best.

Any suggestions or recommendations, as to how I might best attack this problem, will be appreciated. Is there anyone with knowledge of the Smart-Lift 236 that can answer these questions (or even append a photograph) then please respond through this newsgroup.

Thanks

Laurie

Reply to
Laurie Rose
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.