Plasma Screen and PC use

Hello all,

I have connected my PC to my home theater including my plasma screen. One of the uses I have is online gaming which lasts hours sometimes.

I noticed today that when I am showing anything with a white background, I can faintly see the imprint of the game menus and buttons that never change or move while playing.

Is this permanent? What can I do to remove it if possible and how do I handle this issue in the future so as not to make it worse?

TYIA,

Azm

Reply to
Azm
Loading thread data ...

Dear Azm, You have my condolences. The largest drwback to plasma screens is that they are subject to burn-in, as you have discovered. I am afraid that there is nothing you can do to relieve this situation, other than replacing the plasma set with an LCD or a DLP, which are immune to this malady. It is the principal reason that I did not buy a plasma TV.

Good luck. I'm sure that some participants in this group will suggest various voodoo remedies for this, and that you, in desperation, will try them. But, in the end, you are stuck with the burn-in.

Chas.

Reply to
videochas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.