panasonic xr25 - will 2 rear speakers work?

hi,

I have a panasonic xr25 receiver. It is 6.1: front, center, subwoofer, surround left, surround right and surround rear.

It can only be configured via the front panel to turn on/off sets of speakers. In my case, the surrounds (all 3) can be turned on or off.

How can I use just 2 surrounds, the right and left ones? Will it cause problems to the receiver, or will I miss sound if I do this?

I guess most DVDs are 5.1. Or must I pop for a third surround speaker?

thanks for any ideas

Roger

Reply to
Roger Bacon
Loading thread data ...

It should have the option to turn off the surround back speaker (6.1) by itself. I have never seen a receiver yet that didn't have this option. Do you still have the manual? <

Reply to
The Man From Mars

Thanks for input. On the xr-25 you have to use the front panel to set the speakers. I am following the manual.

I double checked, I push input select and band at the same time. Then go to speakers, push band to select between front, center, subwoofer and surround. But there is no separate surround left, right or rear selection possible.

So I guess the question is what happens if I just connect the left and right surround without a rear sound. Should be ok for 5.1? Missing a channel for 6.1?

thanks, Dan

"Dan" wrote in news:cgoYf.48592$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net:

Reply to
Roger Bacon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.