Optical audio port

I just bought a new Sony Home theater system. I also have an XBox 360. I used a an optical audio cord to connect the two and it worked great at first then after a few days the sounds just cut out while i was playing a game. So i checked to see that the cord was connected properly and when i pushed and the cord slightly the sound came back. Now a week or so later it happened again and it seems to be properly inserted but no sound.. All the reciever says is unlock but i am not sure what that means

Reply to
whittho
Loading thread data ...

Fiber optics, including plastic one you got are susceptible to (in no particular order): dirt/dust particles -> disconnect, blow end and the jack with canned air. if no improvement, wipe end with 90%+ alcohol, them blow with air.

over-bends -> as in cable coiled too tightly or bent around a sharp corner. Straighten the cable as much as possible. See if a piece of equipment is standing on the cable, move it.

eccentricity of connected fibers -> disconnect, re-seat connector with care

If none of the above works, try to replace the cable and see if that fixes the problem. If not - invoke warranty repair.

Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.