Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- newbie home theatre question
June 17, 2005, 3:35 pm
rate this thread
This is probably a piece of cake for most of you. I promised the mom I'd
hook up her new stereo to her TV. Little did I know how complicated this
She wants to be able to play the sound through the stereo; not just when she
is playing a DVD, but also just watching regular old TV (actually, so she
can listen to the music channels included with her DISH).
It's a home theatre in a box, and to give you an idea of the quality of the
instructions, she paid $99 (this included a VCR/DVD combo and 5 speakers).
The instructions are not very clear (at least to me) on how to do this,
factoring in a DISH network. To make matters worse, she has an older TV, so
I had to get I think an RF modulator (or something like that). Anyway, I can
hook up the DVD just fine--it plays through the TV, etc--but I can't seem to
figure out how to wire it so sounds comes out when watching regular old TV.
Anybody have any ideas?
Re: newbie home theatre question
You have to get the audio signal into whatever is decoding the signal
to the speakers. Audio out from the satalite box into the reciever
audio in would be the easiest.
This is from the dishnetwork site:
Connecting to stereo.
On the rear of the satellite receiver you will see three RCA type
connectors. They are colored Yellow, Red and white. Yellow is video,
Red is right audio channel and White is left audio channel. Use RCA
type stereo cables to connect these jacks to your stereo as if they
were from a VCR, laserdisk or DVD. If your stereo does not have Video
inputs then you can always use just the audio connections.
Hope this helps a little...
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Trouble connecting RCA RT2380BK and PS2 (slim line)
- — Previous thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » AT&T: FCC's Max Retrans Smackdown Should Stand [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum