Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Mounting a 50 inch plasma on the wall
January 16, 2006, 4:20 am
rate this thread
I am in the process of having my basement finish. I have designated a area
where I am going to mount the tv. What I am looking for is the pre-work
that should be done before mounting the plasma. It would neat to have all
wires in back of the tv, both video and speaker wires and come out where the
A/V equipment will be. But not sure how to go about that.
Any websites, FAQ, etc, to help with mounting a plasma tv on the wall. Best
Buy gave me a price of about $700 to do it. Sound like a awful lot of
money. Thanks in advance.
Re: Mounting a 50 inch plasma on the wall
It depends on what they are going to do. I paid about that to my
electrician and installer but, for that, I got the mount installed, a
pair of Panamax MIW panels with AC installed, 7 video cables run
between the panels (3xcomponent, 1xcomposite, 1xS-video, 1xDVI and
1xHDMI) and the plasma mounted and connected. Mount was extra.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Queensbury buys program to track town vehicles [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum