Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 16, 2006, 9:53 pm
rate this thread
I'm setting up a small home theater in my basement, I already have a 5.1
speaker system (infinity) and 2 in cieling speakers, so I'm doing a 7.1, I
need a powere subwoofer, the room is pretty small ( the TV area is about 20'
X 20 ft. square with low drop cielings (about 7 feet high, mabye a little
less) looking on ebay I see a acoustic research 100 watt powered sub (model:
ars108psb) for about 100 bucks shipped. I also see a yahamha YST-SW015 for
about the same price. are these decent options? can I do better in my price
range, what other subs should I be looking at? I'm also looking at a
reciever, I have an old kenwood 5.1 I can use right now but want to do a 7.1
eventually, so suggestion on what reciever to get (again, on a budjet) would
be nice. I watch a lot of movies and play X-box and Ps2 games on my 27"
HDTV, so I'd like for the reciever to have component switching if possible.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum