looking for decent powered sub questions

I'm setting up a small home theater in my basement, I already have a 5.1 speaker system (infinity) and 2 in cieling speakers, so I'm doing a 7.1, I need a powere subwoofer, the room is pretty small ( the TV area is about 20' X 20 ft. square with low drop cielings (about 7 feet high, mabye a little less) looking on ebay I see a acoustic research 100 watt powered sub (model: ars108psb) for about 100 bucks shipped. I also see a yahamha YST-SW015 for about the same price. are these decent options? can I do better in my price range, what other subs should I be looking at? I'm also looking at a reciever, I have an old kenwood 5.1 I can use right now but want to do a 7.1 eventually, so suggestion on what reciever to get (again, on a budjet) would be nice. I watch a lot of movies and play X-box and Ps2 games on my 27" HDTV, so I'd like for the reciever to have component switching if possible. thanks again

-Nick

Reply to
Dr Nick
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.