Liteon 5045

Anyone have any experience with this DVD/HDD recorder? I'm considering buying one from a guy who says he's never even taken it out of the box. What would be a good price to offer him?

cheers, vij

Reply to
vij
Loading thread data ...

It seems like a pretty nice unit. I don't have any experience with it but most of the reviews are positive - some reported issues with audio sync but not universal.

They are available new for about $300. Yours would be considered used and maybe without any warranty (I don't know about their policy for non-original purchasers). I'd also see if they'll continue to support it with firmware upgrades as this is one of the big selling points of this unit (a cool feature btw).

All that said, and assuming it has some mfgr support/warranty I'd offer $175 - 200. If there's no support I wouldn't go more than $150.

Reply to
yustr

Thanks, yustr. I've been reading more reviews -- takes some digging regarding this unit, for some reason! Anyway, to tell the truth, I'm finding some good reviews, a lot of so-so reviews, and quite a few negative reviews, regarding washed out colours, mono sound when it should be stereo, erased recordings when flashing firmware, and lots of other things. I'm starting to think I should take a pass on this one, even though I could probably get a good deal on it. (It's from a private seller, by the way, not a store.) But who knows? If I can get a REALLY good deal on it, I just might . . .

Reply to
vij

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.