Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
August 22, 2005, 8:15 am
rate this thread
While searching for an HDTV to buy, I've been reading a lot of "user
reviews" and usually on just about every model there's someone who posts
about lip-sync problems while watching DVDs on an HDTV using the HDMI or DVI
Since the HDMI/DVI connection carries both sound and image, is this lip sync
problem the result of running sound into your receiver from another one of
the DVD player's outputs, rather than hooking the TV's optical out (which
some have) into the receiver, which is carrying the sound from the HDMI/DVI?
Does that make sense?
Is the sound faster from DVD player to receiver than the image is from DVD
player to HDTV?
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » JP1 cable to program your universial remote control, now you cancontrol anything you want!
- — Previous thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater