Infocus IN72

I just bought a Infocus in72, When I try to hook up the component inputs, the video is choppy and it fades in and out. Any suggestions???

Reply to
Scott
Loading thread data ...

Have you tested your source via component on another TV or monitor?

Reply to
MXM

I hooked up my laptop through the s video input and it works, but when I hookup the s-video to the projector, it looks like the old horizontal adjustment on a tv

Reply to
Scott

Are you setting the S-Video out on the laptop to 16x9 format? Make sure the infocus is set to maximun resolution. The projector may be trying to compensate for a non native aspect ratio. Also check here for most asked questions on your projector.

formatting link

Reply to
MXM

The S video on the Laptop to projector works, but S video from DVD player does not work?? I looked at the website and it does not give any information. The only information provided on the website that is similar is the following, except this is happening on my dvd player and not a computer:

"Setting up image" message periodically appears.

The computer refresh rate is either too high or too low for the projector to synchronize with. On your PC, go to Start > Control Panel

by video card. See your computer/video card documentation for more information). If the adapter allows you to select a profile, choose the native resolution of your projector and set to High Color and 60Hz. You might also be able to change the refresh rate on the Monitor tab. "

Reply to
Scott

Thats an interesting issue. Can I assume the DVD player plays fine on the regular TV when using the S-Video hook-up? Could the S-Video on the DVD be defective?

Reply to
MXM

I thought of that but it seems to happen, but not as bad, on the component hookup of the projector to DVD player. I tried to hookup my RGB cable to component cable from my HD satellite receiver to the projector and it detects no signal????

Reply to
Scott

Not sure what is going on. You may want to bite the bullet and get a local Home Theater guy to do a service call. If you were in Jersey I could help you out.

Reply to
MXM

I am going to call Technical support later on today. I will post any news I get, I am sure that this will come up again. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Scott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.