I need help finding a receiver {please}

Hi there!! Thanks for looking to see if you can help me. My wife and have have been enjoying our Sony Grand Wega LCD projection for a couple of years now and now we want to uprade the audio to a nice surround sound system. What I'm hoping to find is a receiver that I can switch all of my video through with the loss of the least amount of video quality. The problem I'm finding is that my DVD player and cable box both have DVI outputs that I would like to use through the receiver to the DVI input on the TV. So I guess I need a receiver with at least 2 DVI inputs as well as 1 DVI output. Denon has been recommended to me but it seems like Denon and everyone else is using HDMI inputs and outputs now. Any ideas on a receiver that would allow this or any ways around what now seems my outdated DVI intput on the TV {besides a new TV}?

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom, Dave

Reply to
Dave & Kimmy
Loading thread data ...

You can get adapters for your existing cables or get new cables with DVI and HDMI on either end.

formatting link

Reply to
MJ

Hi, I believe there is DVI/HDMI adaptor cable. There is also DVI/component converter. Now it's mostly component and some HDMI is the thing. Good luck. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Two great ideas!!! Thank you both VERY much. Dave

Reply to
Dave & Kimmy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.