Home Theater Conversion

For those interested, I'll soon be converting a 2-car garage in to an in-home theater/game room. I'll post the web site where I'll have progress reports and pictures for those who'd like to do the same. And this will me no back-woods, part-timer, temp job. I'll be replacing the garage door with a wall with a 5' x 8' window, insulating the outside walls and ceiling, moving and adding electrical outlets, adding wall sconces, raising the floor 4" to match the rest of the house, running audio and video under the floor, building a movie screen, remote auto-dim lighting, columns, adding a back wall (that will close the entrance) and adding a door (new entrance) to another wall. I've already installed new heating and air to accommodate the extra 410 sqft of living space. The next steps is where it gets fun. So, if interested, check back here for a link to the progress--I should kick it off within the next few weeks. Total costs: $6500 - heating/Air (3-ton, 14 seer, variable speed/dehumidifying)

Reply to
Lane
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.