Hiding a projector with a "periscope"

I just bought a house and want to hide my home theater in the living room. It is accessible from the attic above. I wanted to install an electric screen in the attic (A Dalite model with the "door"), put speakers in the walls, and hide my old Infocus X2 projector in the attic also.

My ideas for the projector was to put it in a box with a blower for the summer (Attic vents to the outdoors) and reflect the light through two 90 degree mirrored prisms that I can buy surplus. That way the projector would not be seen or heard (it is noisy). One of the prisms would be visible in the living room and that is it. Before I spend a lot of me with this, has anyone done this or something similar? Also, I live in Syracuse so it gets hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.

Thanks.

Reply to
jeffpda
Loading thread data ...

My thought is that, with your vented to the outside attic, your projector will be exposed to ambient air temperatures which will cause it to fail quickly. Hot air temps in the summer won't allow the electronics or the bulb to cool sufficiently. The frigid winter temps will probably seize up the fan motor. If the projector is used and then shut off, and as the heat from the projector cools down, it will develop a wicked condensation problem which would then freeze.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.