help please

I am doing a family room remodel and need some help. The tv will be about

40' away from my stereo rack with satellite, vcr and DVD unites. I am planning to run a 1" conduit between the rack and tv for the wires to be installed in the wall. This will also allow me to upgrade as future tech gets better. Will a 1" conduit hold 1 coax cable, 1 s-video, 1 rca video and 3 speaker wires? Is there any s-video cables that are 50' long for my connections and what else should I be thinking about installing?

Thanks,

Lee

Reply to
Lee Kramer
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Phillip

My gut tells me that running 3 pairs of speaker wire (don't forget each speaker needs +/-) in the same conduit as the video feed will interfere with said feed. Particularly out 50' from the source. If you have the wall open, I'd run two conduits and separate the signal feeds from the speaker runs.

Reply to
yustr

A HDMI cable connector most likly won't go thru 1". Separating audio and video cables is a good idea. At least 1 foot of seperation. It would be nice to use two 2" conduits if your walls will stand it. No telling what they will want us to run next year. If you run metal conduits they provide good shielding. Use sweeps for the corners. Leaky

Reply to
leaky

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.