help connecting dvd recorder

I have a Cyberhome dvd recorder which has a mono tuner. How do I connect this to a stereo VCR/cable box to get stereo recordings? The video quality is excellent on the recordings, but the audio comes out mono. I currently have the cable box 75-ohm cable connected directly to the dvd recorder IN and the OUT to the tv. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Irulan
Loading thread data ...

Use the S-Video or Composite if you only have that for the video, and the two Audio (Left and Right) connections.

Brad H

Reply to
Brad Houser

Are you sure the TV tuner is not MTS? I downloaded the specs and manual for the CH-DVR-1500 but they don't seem to say.

formatting link
Given that even the cheapest Hi-Fi VCR these days has an MTS tuner, I'd guess it does and the problem is the RF out from the cable box is mono (no MTS signal), which is typical. Some cable cos. will give you a stereo box (RF out is MTS and/or it has AV outs that provide stereo sound) if you request it in exchange for a mono box, provided you rent the box from them.

If the tuner really is mono, then you can hook up the AV outs from either the VCR or the cable box (if the box has them) directly to the DVD recorder. Just use a standard AV patch cable. For example, a VCR typically has a composite vid (yellow phono plug) and L/R analog audio (white and red phono plugs) outs; just connect those to the corresponding inputs on the recorder.

Gary E

-- |Gary A. Edelstein | snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply) |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

Reply to
Gary A. Edelstein

I have a Cyberhome dvd recorder which has a mono tuner. How do I connect this to a stereo VCR/cable box to get stereo recordings? The video quality is excellent on the recordings, but the audio comes out mono. I currently have the cable box 75-ohm cable connected directly to the dvd recorder IN and the OUT to the tv. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Irulan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.