Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 15, 2006, 2:43 pm
rate this thread
My home theater tuner has a headset jack. Over the years I have begun to
lose my hearing to the point that I have to turn the tuner up louder than
what other people in the room are comfortable with for me to hear it. I
managed to pick up a bluetooth headeset that I can use when I plug the
sender unit into the headset jack, but unfortunately at that point, I am the
only one who can hear the sound. Is there anything available that would
permit me to use the headset jack and still allow the other people in the
room to listen also?
Re: Headset Jack?
Several options come to mind.
You could have the headphone jack modified so as to not disconnect the=20
speakers when headphones are plugged in.
You could purchase a line level headphone amp such as an ART HeadAmp.=20
That would allow up to four people to do the same thing.
eBay example: http://makeashorterlink.com/?S16D258FD
eBay search: "headphone amplifier" shows many other examples.
A cheesy, yet functional, alternative would be to purchase a cheap=20
computer speaker system w/headphone jack. Yard sale item ~$5? Maybe you=20
even have some laying around.
Cut off the 1/8" input plug [or buy an adapter @ RS] and replace with=20
stereo RCA plugs and stick 'em in the tape monitor outs.
Hide the speakers somewhere, or rip the guts out of the cabinets and=20
mount in a small box. You don't need the speakers. You'll need an 1/8"=20
to =BC" stereo adapter for the headphones, but those can be had for next =
to free as well.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » HiDef.com Hd-dvd Image Quality Sneak Peek - The Polar Express
- — Previous thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » Huawei Presses Verizon to Pay for Patents [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum