HDTV signal Converter

Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View


I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV ready
but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I have
rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal converter
that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready television?

Thanks

Marc




Re: HDTV signal Converter


Marc Rochon wrote:
> I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV ready
> but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I have
> rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal converter
> that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready television?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc
>
>
You should see if your tv at least has a component input or on the
Toshiba I think is is call convergence inputs.  You might be able to put
a cable into that can at least get a "fake" HDTV signal there.


Re: HDTV signal Converter


Thanks for the suggestion Eric.  I tried but it didn't work.

> Marc Rochon wrote:
> > I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV
ready
> > but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I have
> > rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal
converter
> > that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready television?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Marc
> >
> >
> You should see if your tv at least has a component input or on the
> Toshiba I think is is call convergence inputs.  You might be able to put
> a cable into that can at least get a "fake" HDTV signal there.




Re: HDTV signal Converter


Marc Rochon wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Eric.  I tried but it didn't work.
>
>
>>Marc Rochon wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV
>
> ready
>
>>>but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I have
>>>rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal
>
> converter
>
>>>that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready television?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Marc
>>>
>>>
>>
>>You should see if your tv at least has a component input or on the
>>Toshiba I think is is call convergence inputs.  You might be able to put
>>a cable into that can at least get a "fake" HDTV signal there.
>
>
>
Sorry but that was my only idea.  Does your cable box have a place to
select the output level like 480p or 1080i and so forth?  You might want
to set it to 480p and try it again hooking it up.


Re: HDTV signal Converter


did you find this signal converter?  I am looking for the same thing if it
is out there please let me know if you found anything and I will do the
same for you if i find something
mark

-------------------------------------
Marc Rochon wrote:




> I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV
> ready
> but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I
> have
> rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal
> converter
> that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready
> television?

> Thanks

> Marc










##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

alt.home-theater - 262 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##


Re: HDTV signal Converter


If the converter has an svideo or a composite video connection on the back,
you should just be able to plug one these into your TV jacks.
> did you find this signal converter?  I am looking for the same thing if it
> is out there please let me know if you found anything and I will do the
> same for you if i find something
> mark
>
> -------------------------------------
> Marc Rochon wrote:
>
>
>
>
> > I have a 4 year old Toshiba rear projection tv.  The tv is not HDTV
> > ready
> > but it has better resolution than standard television broadcast.  I
> > have
> > rented an HDTV converter from my cable company.  Is there a signal
> > converter
> > that will allow me to view HDTV signals on my non-HDTV ready
> > television?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Marc
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive
> http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
> no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -
> alt.home-theater - 262 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##




Site Timeline