Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- HDMI wiring questions?
March 20, 2006, 2:33 am
rate this thread
I am in the planning stages of a home theater. My plan was to purchase
a high end video receiver e.g. Yamaha VSX72TXV and hook in my cable
box, dvd/vcr and run a hdmi cable to the plasma on the other side of
the room. I have 2 questions concerning the wiring. Is it possible to
run 50+ foot hdmi cable from the receiver to the tv without loosing
quality. I also planned to run it along side some electrical wiring,
and was wondering if it would interfere with the hmdi signal.
Also any experiences on the Yamaha receiver or a similar quality brand.
Thanks in Advance,
Re: HDMI wiring questions?
What other choice do you have?
I think the HDMI specification is silent on length. I've heard
opinions that 30' is max. Don't know why they'd say that.
www.monoprice has 50 footers.
As to interference I guess that's what sheilding is all about. Maybe
this is where good vs crappy cabling kicks in.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » The 15 Top-Paying IT Certifications for 2020 in the USA, according to Global Knowledge...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Cisco Systems