Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Steve Margita
June 18, 2005, 2:05 am
rate this thread
I have an existing AV receiver that supports Dolby Digital and DTS in 5.1. I
am considering (within the next year) upgrading to an HD TV and an HD
Directv Tivo system. I will keep my DVD player and would like to have
options for additional inputs for maybe a video camera or digital camera.
I have a couple of questions ....
1. I think that I would most likely purchase an HD-Ready TV since I will
have a satellite receiver that will be handling the HD programming - right?
no need for one with a tuner.
2. Would I need a newer A/V receiver? I have not seen or heard of any
receivers that handle HD programming. Can you recommend any for me to check
Or - do HD TVs have several inputs - maybe I can just run the audio through
my current receiver and plug in the video into the TV's multiple inputs.
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Verizon's Irish Yahoo and AOL unit moved IP back to US last year in $530.42 Bil...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum