Denon AV2807 Configuration Question

Hello, I'm very new with this receiver, which I bought about 2-3 weeks ago.

I've a DVI-HDMI connection from Comcast HD set-top box to this receiver, then from HDMI output to a Sony HDTV. I can't get any picture at all, though I can get sound via a separate Digital Coax connection.

I tried connecting the DVI-HDMI cable directly to the TV and it's functioning. And I know the HDMI output from my Denon is functioning (I can output other component video sources through it).

So it must be the configuration. But what could it be? Any comments/insights would be appreciated.

Thanks, Raymond

Reply to
ryeung
Loading thread data ...

Have you assigned the receiver's HDMI input to a specific input source on the receiver (so it knows when you select Sat on the remote it's supposed to use HDMI 1 as the input)? Part of the setup.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Yes. I did go through the set up menu (as well as the manual) many times. I selected DBS. In Video setup, I assigned HDMI-1 to it. And I double/triple check the physical connection.

Now that I re-read the manual, I found from their "troubleshooting" section - "The AVR-2807 will not output video signal unless the other equipment supports HDCP".

Question - Would all DVI cable (and perhaps Comcast HD set-top box) support HDCP? I'm wondering if this is my problem.

Thanks, Raymond

John Carrier wrote:

Reply to
ryeung

I don't think DVI will support HDCP, only HDMI will.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Actually HDCP is optional on DVI. Some TVs support it and some don't. Need to check the manual.

formatting link
rich

Reply to
rich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.