Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Connectivity Issues?
June 18, 2007, 3:11 pm
rate this thread
New to the group here and looking for some help please. I recently bought
a house, the individual who had it built ran speaker wires all through out
the house behind the walls and in the ceiling while it was being built....
( cool I like this) It all comes from a distribution panel (similar to this
http://www.smarthome.com/841001.html ) The speaker side of the wires are
just hanging wires. I would like to connect them to a wall plate for a
neater look ( simple enough right...)
Now on to my question ( thanks for your patients) the wire he chose to
use is a solid color the insulation is brown and the wire is twisted copper
no distinguishing marks for + or - Is there a way to figure this out? Should
the + side have any amount of voltage. The wires closest to the distro box I
can ohm out and figure those out.. the ones on the other side of the house
and outside im stumped.... any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum