Connectivity Issues?

Hey all New to the group here and looking for some help please. I recently bought a house, the individual who had it built ran speaker wires all through out the house behind the walls and in the ceiling while it was being built.... ( cool I like this) It all comes from a distribution panel (similar to this

formatting link
) The speaker side of the wires are just hanging wires. I would like to connect them to a wall plate for a neater look ( simple enough right...) Now on to my question ( thanks for your patients) the wire he chose to use is a solid color the insulation is brown and the wire is twisted copper no distinguishing marks for + or - Is there a way to figure this out? Should the + side have any amount of voltage. The wires closest to the distro box I can ohm out and figure those out.. the ones on the other side of the house and outside im stumped.... any suggestions? Thanks in advance Jamie

Reply to
Jamie
Loading thread data ...

You could hook a 9V battery to the wires and then go to the other end and see which one is positive. Then you would know which wire is which.

Reply to
Larry

Damn...I knew there was a simple solution to this problem...I guess I was thinking about it to hard... Thanks Larry

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You are very welcome.

Reply to
Larry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.