Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?

Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View
Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
Bose system...thoughts?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000

It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
Hope the link works..

Thanks!

Bobbie



Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?
BobbieBrown77 wrote:
> Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
> Bose system...thoughts?
>
>
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
>
> It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
> Hope the link works..
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bobbie

You can do better.




Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?
On 9 Jan 2005 14:15:20 -0800, "BobbieBrown77"

>Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
>Bose system...thoughts?
>
>http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
>
>It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
>Hope the link works..
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bobbie

I think Consumer Reports looked at it and thought is was expensive and
didn't live up to the claim of sounding as good as a real 5 speaker
system. They said it was easy to hook up as you might expect. I might
be wrong, I read a lot of reviews, but I think it was in CR.



Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?

Mort Guffman wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2005 14:15:20 -0800, "BobbieBrown77"
>
> >Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
> >Bose system...thoughts?
> >
>
>http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
> >
> >It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
> >Hope the link works..
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Bobbie
>
> I think Consumer Reports looked at it and thought is was expensive
and
> didn't live up to the claim of sounding as good as a real 5 speaker
> system. They said it was easy to hook up as you might expect. I might
> be wrong, I read a lot of reviews, but I think it was in CR.


Cool. I wish I still had my subscription to CR.

anyway now I'm seriously considering this
one....http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798684000&subcat=Home+Theater+Systems

Less expensive, but still a respected brand, and the surround sound
sounds awesome....?



Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?


Friends don't like friends buy bose.


BobbieBrown77 wrote:
> Mort Guffman wrote:
>
>>On 9 Jan 2005 14:15:20 -0800, "BobbieBrown77"
>>
>>
>>>Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
>>>Bose system...thoughts?
>>>
>>
>>http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
>>
>>>It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
>>>Hope the link works..
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>
>>>Bobbie
>>
>>I think Consumer Reports looked at it and thought is was expensive
>
> and
>
>>didn't live up to the claim of sounding as good as a real 5 speaker
>>system. They said it was easy to hook up as you might expect. I might
>>be wrong, I read a lot of reviews, but I think it was in CR.
>
>
>
> Cool. I wish I still had my subscription to CR.
>
> anyway now I'm seriously considering this
>
one....http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798684000&subcat=Home+Theater+Systems
>
> Less expensive, but still a respected brand, and the surround sound
> sounds awesome....?
>


Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?


$300 (in store) just add a DVD player for less than $100 and you are
set. And maybe some speaker stands (depending on your situation.)

I don't like that Samsung system because it only has THREE speakers.

Not only does this Onkyo have 5 speakers, it also has a powered 100 watt
subwoofer.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo-Home-Theater-System--HTS-570-/sem/rpsm/oid/105663/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do



Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?



> Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
> Bose system...thoughts?
>
>
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
>
> It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
> Hope the link works..

If on a budget, still try to get your components piece by piece, on sale -
maybe not the latest and greatest component - maybe something thats a little
old, but a great price.  I think you can put together a real 5.1 system
you'll be happier with.  I didn't spend a ton on my basement system - but
you want to duck when the missiles are fired in the Bond movies!  That's
what you hope for.  Action movies are great when you're sorrounded by great
sound.

> Thanks!
>
> Bobbie
>




Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?


larrylook wrote:
>
>>Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to this
>>Bose system...thoughts?
>>
>>
>
>
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
>
>>It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
>>Hope the link works..
>
>
> If on a budget, still try to get your components piece by piece, on sale -
> maybe not the latest and greatest component - maybe something thats a little
> old, but a great price.  I think you can put together a real 5.1 system
> you'll be happier with.  I didn't spend a ton on my basement system - but
> you want to duck when the missiles are fired in the Bond movies!  That's
> what you hope for.  Action movies are great when you're sorrounded by great
> sound.
>
>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Bobbie
>>
>
>
>
What is your budget?  I might be able to provide some solutions that my
help?


Re: Bose DVD Home Ent. System....thoughts?


Realistically, like 500 bucks....



Eric Kinsinger wrote:
> larrylook wrote:
> >
> >>Am thinking of really updgrading from my college-like system to
this
> >>Bose system...thoughts?
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=ELEC&pid=05798524000
> >
> >>It's the Bose 3-2-1 DVD Home Entertainment System...
> >>Hope the link works..
> >
> >
> > If on a budget, still try to get your components piece by piece, on
sale -
> > maybe not the latest and greatest component - maybe something thats
a little
> > old, but a great price.  I think you can put together a real 5.1
system
> > you'll be happier with.  I didn't spend a ton on my basement system
- but
> > you want to duck when the missiles are fired in the Bond movies!
That's
> > what you hope for.  Action movies are great when you're sorrounded
by great
> > sound.
> >
> >
> >>Thanks!
> >>
> >>Bobbie
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> What is your budget?  I might be able to provide some solutions that
my
> help?



Site Timeline