Bose Accoustimass 6 subwoofer on audio receiver

I have a Kenwood KR597 receiver and a pair of Celestion speakers that I use for music and also for sound from DVD's. I've been offered a Bose Accoustimass subwoofer by a friend, but I on't know whether I can use it on an ordinary receiver. Any ideas? Email to snipped-for-privacy@rundle.ab.ca would be very helpful. Thanks Sandy

Reply to
sandy_forsyth
Loading thread data ...

Friends don't let friends listen to Bose.

And Bose doesn't make subwoofers.

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

Really?

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Bugg

It's on the internet - therefore it must be true!

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

Bose manufactures "bass modules" or low-frequency modules for some of their systems and calls them subwoofers, but these are a far cry from the real thing.

Roger Wright

Reply to
Roger Wright

More like, "if it's an actual product it must be true".

Reply to
Dave Bugg

As the owner of Vandersteen 2CE Signatures, coupled with a Hsu subwoofer, I know the Bose isn't the equivalent. So what? The term "subwoofer" has been adopted by a lot of sub-par performance systems, and it doesn't make them a subwoofer either. But the issue was the fact that the OP asked about the Bose Accoustimass subwoofer and whether or not it could be used with her reciever. She didn't ask whether it was a true subwoofer. When the reply came that Bose doesn't make a subwoofer, I pointed out that a subwoofer bose module did, in fact exist; in name if not in technical accuracy. Whether it is a true subwoofer is irrelevant to the OP and in this context.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Bull f****ng shit. Exposing marketing lies is ALWAYS irrelevant.

Reply to
Alotta Fagina

I can snip the context out of a response, too. When you decide to grow up a bit, you may actually quit responding like Pavlov's dog anytime the word "Bose" appears in a sentence, and understand what is actually being stated. Now, go wipe the spittle from yer mouth.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.