AV Receiver with tape monitor????

Have an outboard EQ that I would like to still use, so I'm looking for a 5.1 or 7.1 AV receiver that offers either pre-in/out connections or a good old fashioned tape monitor option. Having trouble finding such beasts, it seems like I can get AV or Tape Monitor....

Cheap is good!!!

Thanks!

Reply to
Doug
Loading thread data ...

Take a look at this one:

formatting link

Goes for about $250 street price. Has an auto-calibration system that's super easy and it sounds good. I know cause I have it's older brother. My $1000 HK pre/pro went out . So off to CC I go looking for the least expensive receiver that had pre-outs to use while my HK was getting repaired. I sold it instead - the Pioneer was that good. I've been extremely pleased ever since.

Don't forget that your EQ will only adjust two channels. And if you use the tape monitor loop (called CDR/Tape/MD on the 815-K), you'll get no surround processing. You can use the pre-out feeds from the receiver throught the EQ then to an separate amp.

I don't know what would happen if you ran the (say front) pre-outs through the EQ then back into the receiver via the 5.1 input. Might work?????

Anybody ever try this?

Reply to
yustr

Thanks again! I would probably run the EQ on the tape monitor, I only want to EQ CD's, tapes, radio.

Reply to
Doug

The VSX-815-K does not have Tape Monitor. There is a tape input, but it doesn't go to "monitor" mode. Same problem I have with the Onkyo

503 I have, only can EQ tapes.

I can find recevievers with tape monitor, but they all seem to be plain

2 channel stereo units.
Reply to
Doug

T25reW8gaGFzIGEgZmV3LiBUaGV5IHNvdW5kIHByZXR0eSBnb29kIHRvby4gSSBkb24ndCBrbm93 IGlmIHlvdSBjYW4gc2VsZWN0IGFuIGlucHV0IGxpa2UgdGhlIERWRCBwbGF5ZXIgYW5kIGhhdmUg dGhlIHRhcGUgbW9uaXRvciBhY3RpdmUgYXQgdGhlIHNhbWUgdGltZSwgYnV0IG15IEhULVI1MzAg ZG9lcyBoYXZlIGEgdGFwZSBtb25pdG9yLg0KDQpXYXluZQ0KDQoiRG91ZyIgPGRvdWcubWFzdGVy c0BnbWFpbC5jb20+IHdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2UgbmV3czoxMTQzMDg1Nzk3LjA0NjAzMy4yMDk3 MDBAejM0ZzIwMDBjd2MuZ29vZ2xlZ3JvdXBzLmNvbS4uLg0KPiBIYXZlIGFuIG91dGJvYXJkIEVR IHRoYXQgSSB3b3VsZCBsaWtlIHRvIHN0aWxsIHVzZSwgc28gSSdtIGxvb2tpbmcgZm9yDQo+IGEg NS4xIG9yIDcuMSBBViByZWNlaXZlciB0aGF0IG9mZmVycyBlaXRoZXIgcHJlLWluL291dCBjb25u ZWN0aW9ucyBvciBhDQo+IGdvb2Qgb2xkIGZhc2hpb25lZCB0YXBlIG1vbml0b3Igb3B0aW9uLiAg IEhhdmluZyB0cm91YmxlIGZpbmRpbmcgc3VjaA0KPiBiZWFzdHMsIGl0IHNlZW1zIGxpa2UgSSBj YW4gZ2V0IEFWIG9yIFRhcGUgTW9uaXRvci4uLi4NCj4gDQo+IENoZWFwIGlzIGdvb2QhISENCj4g DQo+IFRoYW5rcyENCj4g

Reply to
Wayne - California

Pioneer's Elite receivers have a tape monitor function like what the original poster is asking about. I have both an older VSX-27TXi and a newer VSX-59TXi. I have an older analog Graphic Equalizer hooked up to it and use it for 2 channel stereo sources, usually either cd listening or some broadcast tv stuff.

T.B.

Reply to
TB

Certainly good stuff, but Mr Wallet will laugh at me........ I'm looking more in the

Reply to
Doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.