? about DVD recorders

Are there any reasonably priced DVD recorders with component input (preferably with digital audio input too), and without a built-in hard drive? Having a built-in VCR would be a plus.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner
Loading thread data ...

Well, I saw one at Target the other day; I don't recall the brand, though. But I don't trust any electronics product sold at Target, K-mart, Wal-mart, Costco, etc.; they're usually at or near the bottom of the line models or brands.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I don't think you'll ever see DVD recorders with component or digital audio inputs, due to the MPAA and other organizations worried about piracy.

Reply to
Brad Clarke

I did a quick search and there are plenty of name brands at around $200. (I checked circuit city and I'm sure all of the other stores have them too.)

I agree with Brad as none of the ones I looked at had digital or component inputs.

Reply to
yustr

I have since seen a post at AVS Forum that says Sony does have a DVD recorder that has component inputs. The model number was not mentioned.

Reply to
Brad Clarke

So how is a Sony/Pioneer/Toshiba sold at Walmart/Target/K-mart differ from the exact brand & model sold at Best Buy or Circuit City?

Reply to
Large Farva

Same products, just different model numbers (in the case of the Pioneers0

Reply to
Brad Clarke

I didn't say that I don't buy from those stores; I don't buy products sold at those stores, which means that any model they sell, I wouldn't buy elsewhere.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.