Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 5.1 sound from 2 channel dvd player?
December 8, 2006, 6:52 pm
rate this thread
- E Frank Ball III
December 9, 2006, 12:10 am
Re: 5.1 sound from 2 channel dvd player?
Look on the back of your DVD player. There should be either
a coaxial and/or optical output for digital sound. The
coaxial output may be labeled "SPDIF" (Sony Philips Digital
InterFace). This is a single connector with all of the 5.1
channel information encoded digitally. 5.1 surround
recievers have both coaxial and optical inputs.
E Frank Ball email@example.com
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » Court rules against man who was forced to fingerprint-unlock his phone [telecom ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum