X10 RF "security"

Is there any X10 RF system more secure?

My home is X10 automated... what happens if my neighbour buy and X10 remote controller? His signals will arribe to my receiver? isn't it? any way to "protect" my system?

Reply to
Inotle
Loading thread data ...

The range of the remotes is pretty poor and there are 16 housecodes. Newer systems are more secure that X10's 30 year old design.

Reply to
BruceR

well... i said that 'cos I can send signals with my remote all-in-one from the street! and I thought that if my neightbourg had one...

En/na BruceR ha escrit:

Reply to
Inotle

If you can then, yes, he can too. If he finds out which housecode you use he can play games with you.

Reply to
BruceR

In North America, limits on radiated power mean range is usually very short with 25-30 feet being typical. In Europe, where you are, the allowed power level is much, much higher and range may be hundreds of meters.

The X-10 RF scheme has no security (or privacy) features so a neighbor with an X-10 remote can easily control your devices.

There are several other n>Is there any X10 RF system more secure?

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.