X10 gear for Philippines

The electric supply here is 240 volts single phase, 60 cycle with earth ground.

Several sites have warned against trying to use any kind of voltage converters.

Anyone got any clues where I could find equipment that will work here.

Reply to
JohnB
Loading thread data ...

I may be overlooking something but I think you can use nearly all of the X-10 devices made for Europe, Australia, etc. While designed for 50Hz, they actually sync to the zero-crossing of the phase they are plugged into for timing with the exception that the ZC offset times for the second and third phases are calculated based on 50Hz but the fact that you only have a single phase means that doesn't matter. Your biggest problem may be finding a compatible plug style.

Reply to
dlh

One avenue open to you is modding US 110V units. There are instructions around on how to do it and I successfully converted X10 110V stuff to

230V for use in Europe.

Using voltage converters will not work well as they reduce the signal strength and you'll have to use 110V equipment/lightbulbs too.

There is some X10 stuff available for 230V in Europe, as often the case, prices are 5-10 times higher as in the US.

Markus

Reply to
Markus Baertschi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.