X10 Fluorescent Light, can I use an Incandescent light as Neutral

I have a box in the wall of my house with a florescent light and two incandescent lights with no neutral. The X10 switch needs a neutral, so I was thinking I'd try to use the incandescent lights as the neutral allowing them to trickle through the other lights. I believe this will work but I'm not sure what will happen when I turn on the Incandescent light and complete the circuit. This will mean the hot voltage goes into the neutral connection of the Florescent light's switch module.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Reply to
Lucas
Loading thread data ...

I don't understand what you mean by "I have a box ... with a florescent light and two incandescent lights". The lights themselves certainly have neutrals or they wouldn't work. Boxes with just a switch for lights elsewhere can sometimes not have neutrals in them so perhaps that is what you mean. Not all X-10 switches require neutrals so finding one that doesn't is probably your best bet.

Reply to
greenpjs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.