Wiring X-10 3 Way Wall Switch

Hi;

How do I wire an X10 3 way wall switch? Currently I have two switches (1 on each side of the room) that controls a ceiling light. I would like to hook up the x10 switch I purchased, but cant understand the terminology of the schenmatic. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks Pat

Reply to
komobu
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

formatting link
Good diagram, excellent step by step of how to install the *X-10* 3-ways. Includes the several possible configurations you are likely to encounter.

Beware, lots of gotchas on the path, including work by any previous (amateur) electrician that's not properly marked or connected. The X-10 switches are wired differently than common three-ways. One of the current carrying wires is converted into a "signaling" wire when using X-10 switches. One switch, the master, is wired to the load, the other switch, the remote, is a simple pushbutton connected to the circuitry of the master switch.

If you do not understand the schematic at the above site or the ones Mr. Meehan cited, *please* return for further instructions before yanking wires. Your first task in this project is to determine exactly how your current setup is wired. That sometimes becomes harder to do if you disconnect the wires before making a sketch and marking the wires and how they connect.

Many more sites with more details. Google is your friend:

formatting link

-- Bobby G.

----- Original Message ----- From: "komobu" Newsgroups: comp.home.automation,alt.home.repair Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:29 PM Subject: Wiring X-10 3 Way Wall Switch

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.