Wiring a house for Satellite Radio

I need to wire a house for a Satellite radio antenna. I'd prefer to wire the house antenna to a central wiring panel and then amplify and distribute the signal. Does anyone here have any experience with that? There are at least five rooms in the house that may need satellite tuners.

Currently the home owner is subscribed to Sirius, but wants to be sure the wiring is compatible with XM also.

Any suggestions?

Jim Griffin

Reply to
jim.griffin
Loading thread data ...

Five separate tuners? Wouldn't that require 5 separate subscriptions? Using a multisource audio distribution system instead, with a central XM tuner or two, would pay for itself in no time.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

I was looking at multi-source a-bus system for distribution. If I've got 2 tuners in my wiring closet, ideally, I should only need one antenna mounted outside if I can split the signal. Any idea where I can find a splitter or d/a for the antenna connectors?

Reply to
jim.griffin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.