Wireless automation devices

Anybody know if it's possible to get some small wireless devices (Bluetooth or WiFi) that you eg. put in different outlets in your house and thereby be able to turn the power on or off from your computer?

It could also be temperature measuring devices, something that can push a button, turn something around, register sound, light, or movement, or whatever - just simple small wireless to do some very simple tasks and then be able to command them programmatically from the computer they are connected to.

I would like to avoid a complex and expensive system like I would think X10 would be, just some small devices that you simply connect to the computer...

Allan

Reply to
Frowning Freezer
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
dlh

Hi,

The 433.92 MHz switches (waveman modules) available from Jaycar can be controlled using a TCTEC 433.92 Wireless transmitter (USB based transmitter).

This is one way control (Computer -> Switch) Range ~50M

Reply to
watermelon

X10 complex and expensive? IMHO - home automation doesn't get any easier.

Reply to
micmed

Well, I haven't been able to find a website that tells me "do this, do that" and you're done. It's always go there, go another place, find a device here, couple it with a device from this other website, and then maybe it will all work in the end! I haven't found any good clean relatively simple solution. But if you can enlighten me please do!

Allan

Reply to
Frowning Freezer

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.