Whole house block

My whole house block (PZZ01) is now sitting on my neutral line. I did look inside it before I installed it. A few RF coils, an address switch wheel (?) and the ferrite assembly.

Anybody ever taken one of these things apart and figured out how they are intended to work? I also have an XTB II on order, and have to figure out how to set all this up.

My working hypotheses is that I will get best results from simply shorting L1, L2, L3 and neutral together at the device (i.e. not wired to the breakers), creating a blocking filter for incoming (and outoing) X10 signals. Then I can rely on either the XTB II alone, or a one-legged XTB II and my existing active coupler.

If it is an active device, then my hypothesis is incorrect.

Reply to
martin
Loading thread data ...

We have one here, and the XTB-II works just fine with the Leviton 6284 / PZZ01 connected per the diagram. One dual-pole breaker feeds that, the whole house surge protector, and the XTB-II. I don't know how effective it is keeping the XTB signals from leaving the house.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Volp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.