Where can I find RJ-11 to RS232 Cable for my Powerline Interface?

I hope you understand that the PSC05 input/output is not data compatible with RS232. I suppose it might be possible to operate it by custom wiring its input and output lines to status pins on a PC serial port and writing custom software to read/write the pulses on these pins, but I suspect that's not what you're after.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan
Loading thread data ...

I purchased 2 way powerline interface PSC05 and no cable came with it. I need the RJ11 to RS232.

Anywhere I can find this cable to purchase?

Thanks, JT

Reply to
jt

Are you sure you don't need a PSC04?

Reply to
Ray

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Thanks. But, what has this got to do with a cable I am trying to find?

Reply to
jt

It has to do with the fact that getting the cable won't help you. And folks are trying to gently tell you that even if a cable magically appeared, it would not fix your problem, which appears to be that you don't understand that in addition to a fitting on the of the cable, you have to send signals that are understood by the hardware at each end, and so if you had the cable, you still won't get what you want.

Reply to
Pat Farrell

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

I wasn't aware of this. Then what is the PSC05 good for then?

Reply to
jt

Okay. What is the PSC05 good for then?

Reply to
jt

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

It provides an OEM X-10 interface for third party products such as...

LynX10 (discontinued) Ocelot Leopard HomeVision JDS TimeCommander many alarm panels etc.

It is identical to the TW523. The manual for the PL513/TW523 is available on the X-10 web site.

formatting link
You can find several PIC based DIY projects that use it.

Micromint makes a serial PLIX chip that simplifies interfacing it with RS232.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.