What speakers will fit in a Boat arch

I have a 30 foot Cruisers Rogue 3000 boat and need to get some extra speaker coverage outside as the two small 6inch speakers aren't handling the job. I can only assume that the padding in the arch was initially made for speakers. the problem i'm having is that I have no idea what size or where to find the speakers that will fit in this?

Here's a link to a picture of the arch

formatting link

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

Russound OB6.1 ought to fit in the arch. They're powerful enough (150 Watts) to give you decent sound in open air, even at full throttle. They retail for ~$215 a pair.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Somehow I'm guessing this question might better asked in the rec.boats.electronics newsgroup instead of here.

Various audio makers offer speakers designed for the marine environment. I would NOT put Russound speakers into that environment. For several reasons, one being they're not designed to withstand marine exposure, but also because they're overkill. The fidelity requirements you've got in a boat are, shall we say, "less" than what you'd want on a deck or in your home. Don't bother putting fancier speakers in your boat, it's just wasting money. Get ones designed to survive the exposure. I've got Clarion speakers in our boat's arch. It's a 34' Four Winns, similar to your Cruisers.

Another point to consider is amplification. Arch speakers usually need more power than what most head units (the radio) puts out. If you add new speakers you'd probably need an amp. So if you don't have an amp now, get one and see how it drives the existing speakers. You may be surprised there's still some life left in them. But nevermind if you're already driving them with an amp (provided it's got enough power itself).

Ask in some boating forums instead of here. One good place is

formatting link

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Ugh, keep your stalker replies outta the boat groups, please.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

just because you don't like bAss is no reason to mislead the OP. did you even look at the link he provided? please keep your anti bAss rhetoric off usenet. now go kick your cat instead.

Reply to
Frog

Who appointed you "Groupie Muderator"? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.