What protocol to use to bind things together

Hi All,

I need a protocol to tie my home automation systems together, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

To control the various bits around the house I use a number of small knowledge systems to work out what needs to be done and when. These talk to a number of controllers that are used to control the hardware, and get sensor data.

Currently I'm using Mr House as the glue to allow the modules to talk to each other, but I'm planning on introducing an audio systems soon and Mr House doesn't have the speed to move the amount of data around that is needed to drive the MP3 players.

What I need is a protocol that will allow me to send large binary messages between the modules. I've looked up Xap and Xpl, but don't like thier broadcast nature and they don't handle large binary data well, they also seem a little cumbersome for machine to machine communication

Is there another protocol out there that might be what I'm after, before I start writting my own?

Thanks, Nick Maddock

Reply to
Nick Maddock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.