VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

One thing I don't see mentioned (in connection to HA) is the current load of an LED Bulb.

If it's too low, the current sense of something like an x10 module will get "confused.

It will only be a month or so before posts start showing up here about "why wont my x10 module work right with my LED xmas lights? They are always on with a low dim!"

Reply to
J Miller
Loading thread data ...

In the case of the Philips bulb discussed in the NYT article, they say it uses 10W. That means it draws at least 83mA - but it's sure to draw more than that because the power factor (unknown at this time) is certain to be less than unity. 0.08333/PF will give the total current.

I th>One thing I don't see mentioned (in connection to HA) is the current

Reply to
Dave Houston

ginchinchili had written this in response to

formatting link
: aloe65, I've seen this exact same post in a few different places, all of them on threads commenting about Vu1. Sounds like SPAM to me, or are you just feeling as if Vu1 is a threat to your PureSpectrum investment?

Not only is this spaming, but you're not telling the truth, i.e., you're misleading people. PureSpectrum's bulbs are not fully dimmable, and I know you know that. They dim down to about 10%, then flicker off, which is about the same as most dimmable CFLs. I've seen 3 different videos of PureSpectrum's bulbs being dimmed and each one cuts off the camera just before they are finished dimming. And I should point out that Vu1's bulbs ARE FULLY dimmable, just like an incandescent.

Furthermore, you can't validate any sales by Vu1 and yet you'd have these people believing that people are "buying them up in droves." That's simply not true. Right now you couldn't produce one bit of evidence that verifies that PureSpectrum has any sales, except for a press release put out by a company run by a man, Tony Golden, who owns 20 million shares of PureSpectrum. But you can't produce anything verifiable.

Also, according to the S-4 they filed w/the SEC on Sept 3, they haven't completed developing the prototype for their ballasts, much less selling them. Nor do they have any funding and they're burning through money. This company's in bad shape and you're freaking out because the stock's been dropping and you're losing money.

If you're going to SPAM, at least stick with the truth.

****** ****** ******* ============================= ******* ******* ******* ============ ** ** ** ** * ** ( | ** ** ** ** ** ____/ ******* ******* ** ****** ****** **

------------------------------------- aloe65 wrote:

formatting link
:

Reply to
ginchinchili

Here is what you posted. "higher voltages are required for higher delection of the beam "

The electron beam is created by a combo of a hot emitter and high voltage difference between the filament and the phospours on the screen. There are focusing electrodes and magnetic deflectors in the process of getting the electron beam to "get there". In a scope, plates are used mainly, but in TVs, where the Xrays are a problem, magnetic coils (yoke) are used to deflect the beam.

The voltages required for "deflection of the beam" are not the "high voltage" problem. As I stated, The "voltage of the electron beam" is the problem. Perhaps now you should remember... the high voltage that the flyback transformer creates? Heating the cathode (filament) only makes the electrons available and not "emit". The high voltage differential applied across the cathode to screen (beam path) causes them to "emit".

As fas as the "kinetic energy" read the article link you posted. Not the first one, it's for children. Damn! Busted again!

formatting link

Reply to
Joesepi

aloe65 had written this in response to

formatting link
: PSPM is the superior bulb, not just in price but in overall quality. VU1 hasn't produced anything close to the PSPM bulb. On the contrary, it sounds like you are nervous about the PSPM product hitting the market and drowning out ESL technology.

------------------------------------- g> ginchinchili had written this in response to

formatting link
:

formatting link
> :

Reply to
aloe65

aloe65 had written this in response to

formatting link
: Dave,

Pure Spectrum is about to release a CFL that is dimmable with a conventional dimmer. It will smooothly dim to 10% with an "instant on" capability too. They have an extremely high power factor(.96) and the power useage will be proprtional to the dimming level that you have set, whic his a great conservation aspect. The light level is supposed to be very good and it will be "cold to the touch" also. Unlike a lot of new technology like LED's and ESL's, they will be in the $4-$6 range, and not $20-$25. There is a lot of junk on the market shelves these days with reference to CFL's, I believe this bulb has addressed all the concerns that consumers have to CFL's. I am waiting for it to hit the market.

------------------------------------- unfrostedp> I've just been reading about VU1's new ESL bulb technology (http://

Reply to
aloe65

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

Reply to
ginchinchili

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.