voice controlled lights and blinds

Hi everybody, I have a question for you experts. A friend of mine, who is forced on a wheel chair, asked to me if it was possible to switch on / off the lights in his house (or open/close the blinds) by simply using voice commands. Example: he enters his bedroom and speaks "BEDROOM" "LIGHTS" "ON" or "BEDROOM" "BLINDS" "CLOSE" Can this be done? Is there anything existent on the market? Or at least could you please suggest me some resources and devices to "put together" in order to build something like that? My friend reminds me that something similar can be found in cellphones, where you can call a name by clicking a button and pronouncing the name of the receiver. I thank you all for any advice.

Franz

Reply to
Franz
Loading thread data ...

Here you go:

formatting link
have the best product out there and it's well developed and supported. They interface with X10 and there are motorized blinds from Somfy that have an X10 interface.

Reply to
BruceR

BruceR ha scritto:

Thanks for the tip, Bruce. I was wondering if it's available on the market something similar to the automatism of the cellphones, without basing the system on an always-on PC program. But I think it's pretty impossible, isn't it?

Franz

Reply to
Franz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.