Vista-based HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC -- Getting purty close ?

Compared to diminutive, proprietary HA touch screen PCs and panels (eg $1400 for a 'dumb' 8" Cortexa touch screen

formatting link
HP's $1800 Vista-based 20" TouchSmart IQ770 PC would appear to be a viable All-In-One AV/TV/HomePC/HA controller.

An upgrade from a Home to the Ultimate edition of Vista, and a solution to the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray debacle, would make it more attractive.

I write this having chased the elusive solution to a large touch-screen, dependable-as-a-$50-B&W-TV + PC + HA interface/controller for years.

formatting link
... Marc Marc_F_Hult
formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link

The one thing I can't stand about touch screens is the fingerprints. A customer of mine owns a couple of restaurants with the "Squirrel" system. He's solved the problem of fingerprints in a rather unique way. He went to Staples (local office supply outfit) and picked up a few dozen of those gummy erasers and stuck them on the end of some pencils. There's two pencils for every monitor (built in redundancy) and they're both attached to the base with some string so they don't "walk off". The pencils aren't sharpened so you can't use them (he tried straws at first but they didn't last long). The clean gummy erasers don't leave a mark on the screen so he's saved a small fortune in screen cleaner and soft cloths already. The food's good too. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

All-In-One AV/TV/HomePC/HA

formatting link

I just had one delivered to my house a few moments ago from BestBuy.COM, I can't wait to get home and open it up. Also I have opened a forum for TouchSmart users at

formatting link
you are interested in this technology please stop by. :)

Reply to
Scott G

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.