using phone cable for alarm system wiring

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can use regular four stranded phone cable (with the red, black, yellow and green conducts inside) to connect a keypad to the control system of my Honeywell alarm system?

Is there any risk that the current is to high for conducts with such small caliber?

Thank you for your help!

Domotica

Reply to
domotica
Loading thread data ...

Not a problem at all. Your alarm system should be 12V and the phone cable (24 GA JKT) should be more than adequate since phone line current is 48VDC and ringing current is much higher. I have 3 keypads on my ADEMCO system wired with JKT with no problems.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver Hardy

Mine was all wired with the phone cable, keypads and motions sensors, and alarms, horns etc..

Best is too avoid the 24/4 cable and try to get 22/4 cable. Easier to work with and a little tougher pulling through joist holes. Costs a few percent more.

Does anyone know if I can use regular four stranded phone cable (with the red, black, yellow and green conducts inside) to connect a keypad to the control system of my Honeywell alarm system?

Is there any risk that the current is to high for conducts with such small caliber?

Thank you for your help!

Domotica

Reply to
Josepi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.