USB camera - device not accepting address .., error -110

Hi,

I'm trying to get my X10 cameras (wireless video receiver VR36A and VA11A) to work with my RedHat Fedora Core 2 (kernel 2.6.5-1.358) box. According to the documentation, I should use spca5xx driver. I've installed and loaded the required drivers but when I plugged in my camera, here's what's happening:

May 13 14:35:45 linux kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00 May 13 14:35:45 linux kernel: usbcore: registered new driver spca5xx May 13 14:35:45 linux kernel: /usr/local/spca5xx-20050501/drivers/usb/spca5xx.c: spca5xx driver

00.56.02 registered May 13 14:36:29 linux kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 4 May 13 14:36:30 linux kernel: usb 1-2: device not accepting address 4, error -110 May 13 14:36:30 linux kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 5 May 13 14:36:30 linux kernel: usb 1-2: device not accepting address 5, error -110

Now, I've tested the device with another box (Windows XP Professional) and it works.

I've read a bit on Linux USB FAQ

formatting link

Q: Why doesn't USB work at all? I get "device not accepting address". A: You may have some problem with your PCI setup that's preventing your USB host controller from getting hardware interrupts. When Linux submits a request, but never hears back from the controller, this is the diagnostic you'll see. To see if this is the problem, look at /proc/interrupts to see if the interrupt count for your host controller driver ever goes up. If it doesn't, this is the problem: either your BIOS isn't telling the truth to Linux (ACPI sometimes confuses these things, or setting the expected OS to windows in your BIOS), or Linux doesn't understand what it's saying.

.... but that's not the case for me.

I'm lost now... Does anyone have any ideas? Documentation I should read?

Thanks a lot!

Nathalie.

Reply to
Nath
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I finally decided to test my RH distro (kernel 2.6.10) on my other box that used to host Windows XP and everything works fine. I used the spca5xx driver and spcaview tool that I've downloaded from

formatting link
I was told that the important thing with that device (VA11A) is to load the module with the usbgrabber parameter set to 1 (modprobe spca5xx usbgrabber=1).

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Regards, Nathalie.

Reply to
Nath

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.