UL in security

So while working for HAI, when Elk announced the M1, their was a discussion about Elk not being UL listed for security.

How big of a concern is this? I would say that I am not aware of any of the installer I trained, that any of them did UL jobs in residential work.

-- Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant Architechtronics, Inc. get to know home technology

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
formatting link
**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
formatting link
Reply to
Brett Griffin
Loading thread data ...

The UL listing of the ELK-M1 Gold is pending (IOW, it's been submitted). If your underwriter insists on a "UL Certificated" (not just listed) installation the job won't likely include, HAI or ELK at this point. Certification, unlike a simple listing, includes an official statement by a UL listed installing dealer that only UL listed components are installed and that the protection meets UL standards. Only a tiny fraction of security systems are UL certificated. Most of these are banks, jewelers, etc.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.