TV in a bathroom

I'm sure I am not alone with this "problem" and I wonder if anybody knows a good solution for it:

There I am watching my favorite TV show and suddenly nature calls me to the bathroom. Now I'm going to miss the best part of the show because I don't have a TV in the bathroom and I don't really care for TiVo, either. So I wonder if there is some kind of inexpensive way to transmit the given picture and sound of that TV show without another (portable TV) set but with some other small gadget (smart phone?), perhaps via WiFi or somethin' ... This is probably not the best NG to ask this but I could not think of any better one. Thanks.

Reply to
Cameo
Loading thread data ...

Drill a hole in the ceiling of the basement and a receptacle shaped 2" x 3" hole in the bathroom wall and pull new wires to it. Install a snap-in, afterthought receptacle box, made for the job, and a flat screen swivel mount and voila! I have my central PVR (your TiVo) connected to it so it can be watched in the soaking tub. A remote control extender makes it fully configurable from three different locations.

You need a "TiVo / PVR" or you are only wasting your time with junk television. Without it I wouldn't bother with it.

I'm sure I am not alone with this "problem" and I wonder if anybody knows a good solution for it:

There I am watching my favorite TV show and suddenly nature calls me to the bathroom. Now I'm going to miss the best part of the show because I don't have a TV in the bathroom and I don't really care for TiVo, either. So I wonder if there is some kind of inexpensive way to transmit the given picture and sound of that TV show without another (portable TV) set but with some other small gadget (smart phone?), perhaps via WiFi or somethin' ... This is probably not the best NG to ask this but I could not think of any better one. Thanks.

Reply to
Josepi

Depends on what you consider inexpensive and what sort of TV you are using. X-10 used to carry AV extenders that could take a audio/video out signal and transmit it via UHF to a receiver that could decode it and put it out as (IIRC) either RF (channel 3/4) or via RCA jacks as a composite signal. Unless your setup has a video out, that might not work. If it's off-the-air HD, it won't work either. Tell us more about your specific equipment and we can offer better advice.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

It would be analog A/V out. I was hoping something that would transmit A/V to a smartphone, so I would not have to get an extra monitor for it. I used to have one of those X-10 extenders using RF but was not very happy with it. The signal was pretty unreliable and only in B/W, so I got rid off itt pretty soon. But that was way back in the '90s and maybe they have better ones these days.

Reply to
Cameo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.